Not Your Typical Cinnamon Roll - UpsFrom mkm114 6 years ago
- 24 Slices Firm White sandwich bread, Crusts Trimmed shopping list
- 1 Brick (8 ounces) cream cheese (Preferably NOT Low or Non -Fat ), Softened shopping list
- Yolk from 1 Large egg shopping list
- 1-1/4 Cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) unsalted butter, Softened shopping list
How to make it
- Roll bread slices VERY flat with a rolling pin. Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar together. Spread a scant tablespoon on each slice. Roll up tightly.
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Brush roll-ups (including ends) butter, roll in sugar mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate or freeze at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400'. Bake roll-ups on cookie sheet 9 t0 12 minutes until bottoms are glazed and golden brown. Remove immediately to a wire rack to cool.
- Can cut each roll-up in 3 pieces or leave whole. Eat warm or cold.
- Notes: If you don't want to cook right away, these can be stored after freezing by taking them off cookie sheet and putting in a freezer durable container. Freeze up to 2 months.