Tangy Braised Short ribsFrom silverqueen 9 years ago
- 1 (6-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate. shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 4 tsp. dried parsley shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each dried thyme and crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 4 to 5 lbs. short beef ribs. shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw the lemonade. Slice the onion, separate the slices into rings
- Combine lemonade concentrate and tomato sauce in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook stirring continually over medium high heat until mixture is hot.
- Add parsley, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, red pepper flakes and bay leaf to tomato sauce.
- Add ribs
- Cook the mixture stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil
- Cover the saucepan.
- Simmer stirring occasionally until the ribs are easily pierced with a knife about 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Skim off fat from the surface of the sauce.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Transfer the ribs to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over ribs.
- Serve with coleslaw and corn muffing.
- Some time when I will be gone all day long I will cook them in a slow cooker for 6 to 9 hours on low.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
Looking good. Thanks Queen.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
These ribs look & sound incredible. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for a great recipe. '5' from me.brianna in loved it
I can't wait to try them. It looks so delicious.
Thank you for a recipe. Hi 5!littlesponger in LA CRESCENTA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!