Somtum Green Bean SaladFrom justin 8 years ago
- 4oz of Haricots Verts shopping list
- 1 smallish clove of garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp palm sugar (1tsp brown or white sugar works as well) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried shrimps (this is optional but tasty) shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1 Birdeye chilli shopping list
- 1 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp peanuts (you can play around with how much) shopping list
How to make it
- In a mortar (hopefully you have one of these guys) add your dried shrimp and pound them up until they are flakes. Set those aside.
- Gently crush up your garlic clove in the mortar and add the peanuts and haricots verts. Pound these up until the haricots verts are bruised and the peanuts are slightly crushed.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice as well as a sprinkle of sugar and continue to crush this. Be sure it is well mixed.
- Add a whole (or half) chilli to the mortar and crush it lightly then mix it with the rest of the contents.
- Add the tomatoes to the mortar and crush lightly. Sprinkle on the srimpt flakes and toss everything well.
The Cookjustin San Diego, CA
The Rating15 people
Everything in this recipe is in season and this recipe pops with the flavors I love.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This looks great! I will try it!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it