Oatmeal Cookie GranolaFrom justin 8 years ago
- 4 cups oats (or any combination of grains to equal 4 cups) shopping list
- 4 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup flax seed (this is optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 4 T butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Combine your oats, brown sugar, flax, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and add honey to a small saucepan.
- Once this simmers remove it from heat and rapidly stir in the extract.
- Mix this well, and pour it over the dry mixture. You will need to mix this up thoroughly to get an even coat.
- Place this on a greased cookie-sheet and bake for 20 mintues or so.
- Once finished let it cool and ziplock it!
People Who Like This Dish 45
The Cookjustin San Diego, CA
The Rating13 people
OMG, this recipe is fabulous! I used a cereal blend of oats, barley and rye purchased at my local Trader Joe's. I also used only 3 1/2 cups oat mixture and added 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds and 1/4 cup diced walnuts. Also used Avocado honey. A mus...moremikko11 in El Cajon loved it
I can't wait to try this! My family will love this!! Thanks for posting...pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Very good. I added raisins, so mine was like Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, and I added wheat germ because I have it. :) I make a lot of granola, as I eat it,daily, and this was an easy, basic recipe that is always tasty. :) Thank you, Justin!keni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!