The Crap I dont have any buttermilk buttermilk biscuitsFrom delairen 9 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- Generous pinch kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tbls butter shopping list
- 2 tbls shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- Extra butter (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter and shortening until you have a crumb-like texture.
- Add sour cream and a splash of milk.
- Being careful not to overwork the dough, gently 'mush' together with fingers, adding more milk as neccessary, until it's all combined and still a bit sticky.
- Turn out on to floured surface.
- Flour hands and gently "pat" out dough to approximately 1" thickness.
- Use any available round-ish shaped object to cut out biscuits. (I used a juice glass mouth)
- Reform dough scraps from first pass and re-shape until you have used up all the dough.
- Place biscuits on parchment lined sheet with their sides lightly touching. Bake until ~lightly~ golden on top about 10 minutes.
- Optional: Upon removal from the oven, brush tops of biscuits with room-temperature butter.
The Cookdelairen San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
I love your sense of humour and the name of your recipe sure caught my attention ;) I think you deserve a "5" for this great biscuit recipe.mishi in loved it
I love the name of this recipe! lol To make pretend buttermilk, add 1-3/4 tablespoons of cream of tartar to a cup of milk, or add a tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a cup of milk and let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes. In many baking r...morefab44me in Las Vegas loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!