Walnut Crusted Halibut with Honey Soy SauceFrom greekgirrrl 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 4 -6 oz Alaskan halibut filets shopping list
- 2 eggs lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, light shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 cups clover honey shopping list
- Pinch of salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Stir a pinch of salt and pepper into the flour and reserve in a shallow dish.
- Whish together the honey and soy sauce and reserve.
- Dip the halibut filets in the flour, coating thoroughly and shaking gently to remove any excess. Next dip them in the egg wash, draining off any excess, and immediately roll in the walnuts to coat. Reserve for 5 minutes to allow the coating to “set.”
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan large enough to hold the filets and add the fish. Cook on one side until golden brown, flip carefully and finish in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle with the reserved sauce.
- This is a The Cutting Horse Restaurant recipe.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating8 people
Great Post - I love crusted meat dishes. Do the nuts stay better if you let it set for 5 min?sunny in Portland loved it
That is great.chriesi in Zuerich loved it
Awesome! I've been looking for a new halibut recipe!pat2me in Nashua loved it