chocolate cake and cheese layer with a strawberry toppingFrom sylviahelen 5 years ago
- Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, baked in a rectangular or square pan shopping list
- cheese layer shopping list
- · 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- · 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese shopping list
- · 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- · 100 ml heavy whipping cream shopping list
- · 1/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- . shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- • 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) strawberries, stalks removed shopping list
- • 115 g (4 oz) caster sugar shopping list
- • 3 Tbsp arrowroot shopping list
- • 100 g (4 oz) cherries, rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Cheese layer
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and lemon juice until soft. Add butter, whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until batter becomes thick. Add the sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Place the strawberries in a saucepan with 6 tablespoons of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until very soft. Stir in the sugar. Cool slightly, and then push through a nylon sieve to remove the seeds. Measure the quantity and make up to 500 ml (18 fl oz) with water if necessary.
- Put the arrowroot in a saucepan and blend with a little of the fruit purée to make a paste. Stir in the remaining purée and gently bring to the boil, stirring, until thickened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Put the cold cake in a square pan (tall sides), pour over the cheese cream,
- Spoon the thickened purée to cover. Arrange the cherries and a few strawberries on top Chill for at least 2 hours