Chicken-rice CasseroleFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 1/4 C margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/3 C all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 C milk shopping list
- 1 C chicken broth shopping list
- 2 C cut-up cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 1/2 C cooked white rice shopping list
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1/3 C chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 C slivered almonds shopping list
- 2 Tbl. chopped pimentos shopping list
- For a crunchy topping, don't mix the almonds in with the other ingredients. Sprinkle over the casserole 10 minutes before it's done baking. Looks nice. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt margarine or butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole or square baking dish, 8X8X2-inches.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley sprig, if desired.