Chicken Breast Stuffed With Mustard And Goat CheeseFrom legoflamb 8 years ago
- 2 skinless half chicken breasts shopping list
- 5 tbs mustard (Dijon) shopping list
- 3 tbs goat cheese (Chevre) shopping list
- 1 tbs garlic powder shopping list
- 4 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- 5 tbs flour (Wondera) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the Mustard, Goat Cheese, Garlic powder, and a dash of salt and pepper in a bowl. The consistency should be pasty and sticky.
- Take the Chicken breasts and cut a deep slit in each one to make a pocket. Spoon the above mixture into the pocket. Spread excess on the outside of the Chicken.
- Place the flour on a plate and roll the chicken in it to coat.
- Put Olive Oil and Butter in a deep pan with a lid or a dutch oven. Put on top of stove over a medium flame. When the oil is hot sear the Chicken, about 2-3 minutes a side.
- After both sides of the Chicken are browned pour the Water into the pan, bring to a simmer and cover. Lower flame to low and cook for about 30 minutes untill throughly done, but tender.
- Remove Chicken to a plate and reduce the liquid to make pan gravy. You can add a pinch more flour to thicken the sauce.
- EXCITING EXTRAS: For a special touch you can add a few spoons of Cognac while making the sauce. You can also add some Creme Fraiche for a silky smooth gravy. Put both in and your guests may never leave.
The Cooklegoflamb New York, NY
The Rating3 people
This is scrumptious! JMmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Loved stuffed chicken!! do you like thin sliced prosciutto? mine is usually stuffed with the feta and prosciutto. I really like the mustard addition ( and the cognac)invisiblechef in loved it
Great post Lambo.... thanks...dave
wolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it