Cookie Monster TrufflesFrom dugger 9 years ago
How to make it
- Crush 9 cookies in food processor and set aside for later use.
- Crush remaining cookies to fine crumbs, place in medium bowl, add softened cream chees, mix untl well blended.
- Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place in refrigerator and chill.
- Melt chocolate (a microwave is fine for this), add shaved parrafin and mix well until all are blended together. Reheat if necessary during this process.
- Here is the tricky part. To get the chocolate to drip though the forks but not run off the truffles, it has to be the right consistency. I hightly recommend the use of a cookie thermometer. Heat until it will run through a fork and drip off slowly. Note the temperature. Proceed to the following step. Hold it at temperature on a simmer setting. If it has to be adjusted note the new temperature. This will vary from batch to batch and day to day. Once you have it nailed then full speed ahead.
- Remove the chilled truffles from the refrigerator, dip each in melted chocolate mixture, using two forks, and place on waxed paper covered baking sheet. While chocolate is still semi-liquid sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.