Balsamic Tomato And Mozzarella Salad South BeachFrom ruskingirl 9 years ago
- 1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp. evoo shopping list
- 1 tsp. flaxseed oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded ** shopping list
- 2 large tamatoes, cut into 1/2"-thick slices shopping list
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, juienned shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the broiler. Coat a broiler-pan rack with cooking spray.
- In a cup, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, flaxseed oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the bell peppers, skin side up, on the prepared rack. Broil, without turning, for 10 minutes, or until the skins are blackened and blistered in spots.
- Place the peppers in a paper bag and seal. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Peel the skin from the peppers and discard. Cut the peppers into 1/2"-wide strips.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a platter. Place the cheese slices over the tomatoes. Scatter the pepper strips on top and sprinkle with the basil. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Let stand for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- **If you don't have time to roast fresh peppers, you can use jarred roasted peppers instead.
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
The Rating3 people
I love this salad. Thank you for posting it. You mentioned a couple of great things: healthy, low fat and good for you recipes. I look forward to that. Some of the snacks in my pantry are made from the South Beach Diet. If I MUST have something ...morechihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
OHHH NOOOO! Healthy low fat recipes??? Are you trying to make me cry? Ok...I will try. Besides it sounds yummy...and I know I will like it...wait..how much cheese would be to much to eat? A pound or two? Not sure I can do 2 oz and be happy. I'll ...moregramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!