Old Bay Crab CakesFrom dugger 7 years ago
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 each egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 pound crab meat, drained shopping list
- 2 ounces butter, clarified shopping list
How to make it
- In non metallic bowl, mix together Worcester sauce, egg, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, dijon mustard, parsley, paprika and cayenne pepper. Old Bay seasoning and salt.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in bread crumbs, diced red pepper and crab meat. Hand form crab cake mixture into patties 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Coat each side with fine bread crumbs and place on a cookie sheet or other shallow tray lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place 2 oz of clarified butter into a saute skillet and heat until it sizzles. Carefully place crab cakes in skillet and cook each side until golden brown. Do not crowd the skillet.
- Hold cooked cakes in a 350 degree oven while cooking the rest of the cakes. Serve with Wasabi sauce or cocktail sauce of your choice.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating10 people
Sounds very much like the way I make mine, but I never thought of the sour cream. Looks delicious.tpatti in Wellsville loved it
This looks like it is just what I have been looking for, I will give them a try. They sound great.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Gave them a try tonight and just wanted to say thank you they were great!mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it