Chocolate butterscotch brownies tartFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate cookies crumbs shopping list
- 75g/3oz butter, melted shopping list
- Brownies filling: shopping list
- 450g/1 lb white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 75g/3oz butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 175g/6 oz/3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 175g/6oz/1/12 cups self-raising flour shopping list
- 175g/6oz/1 ½ cups pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Ganache topping: shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 140g/5oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp pecans, chopped shopping list
- Pinch of cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 370F.Grease 22cm loose bottom tart pan with butter. In a bowl, mix cookies crumbs and melted butter and press firmly in the bottom and sides of the tart pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool…Increase the oven to 375F.
- Melt 90g/3 1/2 oz of the white chocolate with the butter in a saucepan over very low heat. Leave to cool slightly. Put the eggs and brown sugar into a large bowl and beat well, then whisk in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and gently fold in along with the chopped walnuts, vanilla and the remaining chopped chocolate. Be careful not to over mix.Spread the mixture over the cooled crust and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until risen and golden brown. The center should be firm to touch but will be slightly soft until
- it cools down. Leave to cool in the pan.
- Ganache topping:
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan till simmering point, then pour over the chopped chocolate in a stainless bowel. Stir till chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Leave to cool completely , stirring occasionally.
- Use a 7cm cookies cutter and place it in the center of the brownies surface and press lightly. Spoon the chocolate ganache mixture around the exterior edges of the cookie cutter, until all that part is covered. Sprinkle chopped pecans over .Sprinkle the pinch
- of cocoa powder precisely over the small center of the tart. Chill for 30minutes and cut into wedges.
- N.B The brownies filling make 2 (18cm) tart.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
Ahmed this is incredible! I can't believe this cake it's out of this world! it gets harder everyday to compete with you!!! i'm serious!! congrats!!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
I will see you very soon on Food Network....
berry in Winter Park loved it
Salaams and thank you for another awesome recipe !!!
Ahmed,i have to agree with BERRY, you are so professional ,especially with all your pictures.It is highly appreciated.
At your home it must be like a celebration every day,your neighbour...moremumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!