Lamb And Prune TagineFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
- 2 Tbsp virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 pounds shoulder of lamb, cut into bite pieces shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- ½ teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups dry prunes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan, cook onions in 2 tablespoons oil for about 3 minutes, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon.
- Add meat, cinnamon stick, turmeric and pepper, stir carefully.
- Add water, bring to boil, then cover, lower heat and leave to simmer for at least an hour. Salt.
- Wash prunes and add to dish. Leave to cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Mix honey and powdered cinnamon together, pour into pan and leave for another 15 minutes. Stir well, but do not cover.
- Serve tagine piping hot, over couscous or in a separate serving dish.