Jamie Olivers Saturday Afternoon PastaFrom modelsmom 7 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 fresh red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 level tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked, stalks chopped shopping list
- 2 14oz cans good-quality plum tomatoes shopping list
- 2 10oz cans good-quality tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-pound, 2-ounce good-quality rigatoni or penne shopping list
- 1 to 2 lemons, zest and juice shopping list
- Small handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and cook the onion, chili, cinnamon and basil stalks on a medium to low heat for 5 minutes until onion has softened and is slightly sweet.
- Turn up the heat and add your tomatoes, tuna and a good pinch of salt.
- Break the tomatoes up using the back of a spoon, then bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni in a pan of salted boiling water according to the pack instructions.
- When al dente, drain the pasta in a colander, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Toss the pasta into the tuna and tomato sauce with the roughly torn basil leaves, a glug of olive oil, the lemon zest and juice and Parmesan, and mix together well.
- Loosen the pasta with a little of the reserved cooking water if needed.
- Check the seasoning and serve immediately.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating6 people
This sounds really yummy. I am bookmarking it.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
Anything by Jamie Oliver is great!sunny in Portland loved it
Oh yeah - I've made this and it is delicioso! Thanks so much to you and Jamie!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!