Cheesy Chicken Dorito CasseroleFrom cajunspices66 7 years ago
- 1 REGULAR BAG OF cheese Doritos (CRUSHED IN THE BAG) shopping list
- 4 chicken breast OR 4-5 CHICKEN FILETS ( CAN ALSO USE A whole chicken). ALSO YOU CAN BROWN GROUND hamburger CHUCK FOR THIS RECIPE TO USE INSTEAD OF CHICKEN. WE PREFER CHICKEN. shopping list
- 1 bell pepper (DICED) shopping list
- 1 CUP OF green onions (DICED) shopping list
- 1 yellow onion (DICED) shopping list
- seasoning (I USE NATURES seasoning) shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- 3 chicken BULLION CUBES shopping list
- 1 CAN OF cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 CAN OF cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 CAN OF Rotel tomatoes shopping list
- 1 CAN OF ENCHILDA SAUCE (REGULAR SIZE CAN) CAN USE MILD OR HOT shopping list
- 1-2 CANS OF ranch style beans shopping list
- 1-2 BAGS OF MEXICAN SHREDDED cheese OR SHREDDED cheese OF YOUR CHOICE shopping list
- JALEPENOS (OPTIONAL) shopping list
How to make it
- BOIL CHICKEN WITH ALL THE VEGETABLES, SEASONINGS, PARSLEY AND BULLION CUBES UNTIL DONE. SAVE BROTH
- IN A DIFFERENT BOILER, MIX THE SOUPS, BEANS, ROTEL TOMATOES AND ENCHILDA SAUCE. REMOVE VEGETABLES FROM BROTH AND PLACE IN THIS MIXTURE ALSO. HEAT AND MAKE SURE ALL INGREDIENTS ARE MIXED WELL.IF MIXTURE IS TOO THICK ADD SMALL OF AMOUNTS OF BROTH.
- PLACE YOUR CRUSHED DORITO CHIPS IN THE BOTTOM OF A DEEP CASSEROLE DISH, AFTER YOU HAVE SPRAYED THE DISH WITH PAM.
- CUT CHICKEN INTO BITE SIZE PIECES AND PLACE ON TOP OF DORITOS. IF YOU ARE USING GROUND HAMBURGER CHUCK, SPREAD EVENLY OVER CHIPS
- COVER DORITOS AND CHICKEN WITH MIXTURE
- TOP WITH SHREDDED CHEESE AND JALEPENO'S (OPTIONAL)
- BAKE AT 375 FOR 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL CHEESE HAS MELTED AND SIDE ARE BUBBLY.
- YOU CAN TOP THIS WITH GREEN ONIONS , JALEPENOS AND SOUR CREAM IF YOU LIKE.
- ALSO, LESS FAT, LESS SODIUM, OR LIGHT CAN BE USED WITH YOUR CAN GOODS, SOUR CREAM AND CHEESE
The Cookcajunspices66 Pineville, LA
The Rating9 people
AWESOMEisis420 in loved it
Great me and my son loved it 5 starsMomandsonrecipes in Backwoods loved it
Hi there! Wanted to let you know that I think this recipe is awesome!!! I made it for dinner lastnight and it was sooooo yummy!!!! I only made a few minor changes due to limited pantry items. I used half fritos/half doritos for the base, black beans...morescubasuz in Lake Forest loved it