Chocolate Mascarpone Espresso Vodka BrowniesFrom ddougee 6 years ago
- **** BROWNIES **** shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 ounces best-quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 shots of Van Gogh Double espresso vodka ( i love this stuff! ) shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- **** GANACHE: **** shopping list
- 6 ounces best-quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 Tbs whipping cream shopping list
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 shot of Van Gogh Double espresso vodka shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter an 8-inch square pyrex pan.
- Place chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, melt butter in microwave (take it out before it starts bubbling.) Pour butter over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Sift in sugar and cocoa powder.
- With a wooden spoon, beat in mascarpone, eggs and vanilla, Double Espresso vodka and mixing until smooth. Gently fold in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Place into preheated oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Place pan on cooling rack and let brownies cool 10 to 15 minutes while you make the ganache.
- Place chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream and butter to just below boiling point, over medium heat. Pour this hot mixture over the chocolate with the espresso vodka and let stand for 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. Pour ganache over brownies while still warm, and spread to cover evenly.
- Let ganache firm up before cutting. It's best to refrigerate them until quite firm. Once the ganache is firm and the brownies have been cut, they do not need to be kept in the refrigerator.
The Cookddougee Chester, MD
The Rating6 people
Oh. My. Goodness. I now have a boo-boo on my noggin' from trying to sneak a bite of your brownie picture. These look gorgeous and sound delicious. I will definitely be picking up a bottle of Van Gogh Double Espresso Vodka very soon to make thes...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Well now doesn't that sound like death by chocolate, LOL YUM, I'm rather speechless, all I can say is you have my high 5 for this one. Thank you sooooo much.henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh My gosh... what is it??? you deserve a high 5.berry in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!