Cranberry Pear BarsFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 cup regular rolled oats shopping list
- 2/3 cup pear nectar or apple juice shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. For crust, combine flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a food processor. Cover and process with one or two on-off turns to mix. Add butter; pulse several times until fine crumbs form. Add oats; pulse once to mix. (Or combine flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in oats.) Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine pear nectar and 2/3 cup brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cranberries, return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until filling is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in nutmeg.
- Spread filling evenly over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 32.
- To store: Place bars in layers separated by pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating5 people
Sounds delightful! Anything cranberry is good to me. Thanks for the post. I'm sure this is a 5 for flavor.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
thanks Lilllyann looks soooo yummm,yummms
just wondering can i substitute the cranberries for apples as i have a lot of them at the moment
have a blessed day,my friend
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it