gooey chocolate pecan cookiesFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- 150g / 2/3 cup butter, at room temperature, diced shopping list
- 150g / ¾ cup caster sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 250g / 2 ¼ cups self-raising flour shopping list
- 25g /1/4 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 90g / 3 ½ oz plain chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- For the topping: shopping list
- 50g / 2 oz plain chocolate shopping list
- 18-20 pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 190 C/375 F. Line two baking sheet with parchment. Cream the butter and sugar together till light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolk. Sift over the flour and cocoa powder and stir in to make a firm yet soft dough.
- Roll out about third of the dough on your work surface. Using a 5 cm /2in round cookie cutter, stamp out 18 rounds and place them on the baking sheets. Sprinkle chopped chocolate in the centre of the cookie. Roll out the remaining dough in the same way as before and ,using a 7.5cm /3in round cookie cutter, stamp out 18 “lids”. Carefully lay the lids over the cookie bases and press the edges well together to seal. Don’t worry if the lids crack slightly ,the appearance will still be great. Bake for 10 minutes till the cookies have spread a little and are just firm to a light touch.
- Leave on the baking sheets for 5 minutes to firm up slightly, then using a metal spatula,transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate and dip the pecan halves in the chocolate then place one on top of each cookie. Spoon any remaining chocolate over the pecan.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating16 people
Salaams Ahmed,thanks for another great posting !!!!the cookies look sooo pretty with the pecans dipped and drizzled with chocolate , once completely cold i would sift a bit of icing sugar on top ,like snowflakes !!!!!!!!!
your wife is so blessed...moremumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Wonderful! I post a lot of drinks but I don't drink, not even wine so good coffee would suit me just fine. I use wine in some of my recipes tho. Variation:*I like Mumtaz's idea of confectionary sugar. But then I would also dip pecans in white chocola...moremystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Beautiful cookies Ahmed.... I can feel the crunchy in my mouth.... another 5 for you.berry in Winter Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!