Chicken with Lime Dressing South Beach FriendlyFrom ruskingirl 9 years ago
- lime dressing- shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh citantro shopping list
- 1 Tbl. chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 Tbl. EVOO shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar or sugar substitute shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- Chicken- shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted shopping list
- 1 Tbl. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. salsa shopping list
- 1 tsp. EVOO shopping list
- 1 small red sweet pepper, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbs. flour shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl mix the lime juice, cilantro, green onions, oil, sugar, and salt.
- In a glass dish combine the chicken with 3 Tbl. of the lime dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with 2 Tbl of the lime dressing. Stir in the lemon juice and salsa. Reserve the remaining lime dressing.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a non-stick skillet. Add the pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes, or until the pepper is tender and lightly browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the dressing and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle flour over both sides of the chicken.
- Heat 1 Tbl. of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes on each side, or until done and the juices run clear. Place chicken on 4 seving plates and equally divide the pepper mixture, sprinkling over the chicken. Drizzle the reserved dressing over each serving. Serve with a side of the mashed avocados.
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
- Not added to any groups yet!