Oysters RockefellerFrom efitobx 9 years ago
- 24 shucked Chincoteague oysters separated from their shells shopping list
- 6 strips bacon finely chopped shopping list
- 1½ pounds fresh washed spinach, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 fresh scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic shopping list
- a pinch of fresh ground nutmeg shopping list
- 4-5 tablespoons bread crumbs, "unseasoned" shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Pernod shopping list
- A couple dashes of louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- Freshly Grated Parmesan-Reggiano shopping list
- rock salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking pan with 1-inch of rock salt
- Shuck oysters. Retain shells, and separate oysters saving the liquid.
- Rinse shells, and place the oysters back into a half shell.
- Plant shells in the rock salt, making sure they're level.
- In a large skillet, render bacon until crisp.
- Add chopped spinach, scallions and crushed garlic. Cook until soft
- Add nutmeg, bread crumbs, hot sauce, Pernod, and oyster liquor to pan. Mix thoroughly season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon mixture onto each oyster and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven,
- Carefully place four to six oysters per serving onto warm rock-salted plates.