Miso FishFrom arstielady 8 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and mash ginger root to release the flavor, slice green onion into 1/2 inch slices and set aside.
- Mix together white miso, rice vinegar, sugar and water in a bowl.
- Add the ginger and green onion.
- Place the mixture in a zip lock bag and add the fish.
- Marinade overnight is best but at minimum 1/2 a day. You want the fish to really absorb the flavor.
- Pan fry in a touch of canola oil for 6 minutes on each side on medium heat. It will be a nice brown in spots. You will not get a complete browning because of the marinade. Take into consideration the thickness or thinness of the fillet. You never ever want to overcook fish. It should flake with a fork and be moist. You can also grill this but be very careful because it will stick to the grill. I will add a photo as soon as I make this dish again.