Green Beans Ala LeahFrom divaliscious 9 years ago
- 1 box of baby bella mushrooms shopping list
- 1 onion - minced/chopped fine (you may substitute with shallots) shopping list
- green beans, rinsed and tips removed shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. shopping list
- olive oil and butter shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- Skillet with lid shopping list
- 1 working stove top shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 bowl shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water.
- Place cleaned green beans into heat-hearty bowl.
- In skillet, place a little of the olive oil and add onions.
- Let sweat for five minutes and add sliced mushrooms to skillet - and add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet.
- Pour boiling water over green beans and let blanch for 4 minutes.
- Strain all water off of green beans.
- Add strained green beans and minced garlic to skillet and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lid on top of skillet - checking in on it every so often, stirring it up a little bit.
- Let sauté a few minutes more - and add a fresh little dab of olive oil or butter and serve it up as your fave side dish.
- Want to go all out? Add a little of toasted almonds to the dish on top.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!