Flourless Almond CakeFrom jett2whit 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread 2/3 Cup almonds in 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once.
- Cool almonds in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in food processor with knife blade attached, pulse remaining almonds with orange peel and 1 Cup sugar until almonds are very finely ground.
- In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in remaining sugar, 1 Tablespoon at a time, beating just until whites stand in stiff peaks when beaters are lifted.
- With rubber spatula, fold almond mixture into egg-white mixture just until almond mixture is no longer visible.
- Transfer toasted almonds to plate. Grease the same cake pan; line bottom with waxed paper.
- Dust side of pan with flour.
- Return almonds to pan and spread evenly; top with batter.
- Bake cake 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake begins to pull away from pan.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- With knife, loosen side of cake from pan.
- Invert onto rack to cool completely.
- To serve, transfer cake to serving plate, sprinkle with additiional powdered sugar
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating5 people
wonderful recipe... I hope you don't mind I put it in the 101 Gluten Free group...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
my mother is going to enjoy this recipe, thank you!magali777 in Mexico loved it
So interresting Jett..Thanks!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!