Sweet Potato PancakesFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 ¼ cups flour shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 Tbsp yellow cornmeal shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup milk (or buttermilk) shopping list
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweetpotato shopping list
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp canola oil shopping list
- ½ tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 Large egg yolks shopping list
- 2 Large egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine milk, sweet potato, sugar, oil, vanilla and egg yolks, stirring until smooth. Add to flour mixture stirring until just combined. Beat egg whites with a mixer on high until soft peaks form; fold into batter. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat nonstick griddle or skillet over medium high heat. Coat with nonstick spray and evenly spoon out your pancake batter cook till done and serve with a nice crème fresh and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Or go the traditional way and serve with butter and syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating4 people
I LOVE YOU!! Thank you very much Ravenseyes. =)sunny in Portland loved it
I'm getting weak at the knees just imagining the flavour and pillowy soft and feather light texture of those pancakes *sigh* I think I would have to go with the butter and syrup here loldanadooley in Singapore loved it
wow - nice twist on an old favorite - thanks for posting such a great recipe - I would love to try this the next time I make pancakes - what a great way to sneak some vitamin A into breakfast brunch!
Cheers and high five - Leahdivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it