Peanut Butter Popcorn BarsFrom annieamie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place your popcorn into a large roasting pan covered in Release Aluminum foil OR a very large bowl that has been buttered lightly.
- Put the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter into a heavy pan or pot and cook over medium until mixture boils.
- Stir well several times.
- After mixture boils, turn heat down to simmer and cook for three to four minutes only.
- Remove from heat
- Pour the hot mixture over the popcorn and using two large spoons, mix the popcorn well until it is coatedin the peanut butter mixture.
- Place the popcorn on to a large baking sheet that has been covered with Release foil and press the popcorn firmly into the pan.
- Once the pocorn cools, you can slice it into bars or squares.
- You can use a large cookie cutter (Like an egg-shaped cutter or a rabbit cutter for Easter- Stars, flowers, etc for another holiday)
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
Just had to let you know...I made these yesterday and they are AWESOME!! Before they were even cool enough to cut...I caught my daughter and husband getting into them LOL!! My son hardly ate his dinner last night so he could "save room" for them! ...morecheric in Oklahoma City loved it
Popcorn and peanut butter together sounds great!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
what a great twist on popcorn, thanks for this variety 5555555hunnee in Nanaimo loved it