Jims Red Beef CurryFrom jim_julian 7 years ago
- The Dry Spices:
- 2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp red chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- The rest ...
- 2 medium dry onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 medium Jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 T ginger, chopped shopping list
- 1.5 lbs beef (round steak, chuck, etc) cut into 3/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 small (6 on) can tomato Paste shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 T sugar shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the dry spices together in a small bowl
- Heat a large heavy pan over MEDIUM heat. Add about 2 T oil. When the oil is hot add the dry spices and stir fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add the cubed beef and stir fry until coated with spices and well browned. If spices stick to the pan add a few drops of water to that area to lift the spices. Remove the browned, spice coated beef to a bowl
- Add 3-4 T oil to the same large heavy pan. Add the chopped onions, Jalapeños, garlic, and ginger and stir fry for about five minutes.
- Add back the browned beef cubes and any juices in the bowl
- Add the chopped tomatos, tomato paste, and sufficient water to cover the beef, etc. Add the salt and sugar.
- Simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours until beef is very tender. Cover or uncover the pan to control the amount and consistency of the liquid as desired.
- Serve the curry over white rice.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjim_julian Anaheim, CA
The Rating4 people
Wooooooooooooooooooow! I love it!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
My mouth is watering.............gotta make this one. What a taste explosion just from the dry ingreds! High 5!dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it
This looks great, I love making curry.sunny in Portland loved it