Green Tomato BLTFrom cheryilyn 6 years ago
- ¾ C. cornmeal shopping list
- 2 T. flour shopping list
- ½ tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 lb bacon shopping list
- 8 slices sourdough bread shopping list
- 2 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 green tomatoes, cut in ½” slices shopping list
- 1 egg, whisked shopping list
- mango or apricot chutney shopping list
- 1 small head green-leaf lettuce, washed and dried shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a med bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, and salt and set aside.
- In the oven, cook bacon on a baking sheet for about 10 min, turning once, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Toast bread in oven until lightly golden, about 2 min.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med heat.
- Dip tomato slices in egg and then cornmeal mixture.
- Pan-fry until golden brown, about 3 min per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with chutney and layer them with lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon. Top with a second slice of bread. Serve.