Chesapeake PastaFrom mamitachula 9 years ago
- 1 Pound fresh jumbo lump crab meat* shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3-6 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 Pound spaghetti shopping list
- Handful of fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf) shopping list
- 1 Cup of fresh or frozen peas shopping list
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped red onion shopping list
- *Optional shopping list
- 1/2 Pound scallops and/or shopping list
- 1 Pound peeled shrimp shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Cook peas according to package directions with chopped onion
- Do not overcook. They should remain a bright green.
- In a large skillet, melt the four Tablespoons of butter.
- Add 1 pound of fresh jumbo lump crab meat; saute gently so you do not break up the crab meat.
- (Add scallops and shrimp ~ and more butter if you need it)
- Sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning to taste. Be generous.
- Wash, pat dry and coarsely chop the Italian parsley
- To the boiling water, add one pound of spaghetti. Return to boil.
- Boil uncovered approximately 7-8 minutes. The pasta should be al dente (firm)
- Do not drain the pasta.
- Using tongs, remove the pasta from the boiling water and place on top of the crab meat. You want a little of the pasta water to go into the crab meat pan to make a light sauce.
- Gently toss.
- Add drained peas and onions to crab meat and spaghetti.
- Add the chopped parsley to the mixture.
- Continue cooking for one minute to blend flavors. Add more pasta water or Old Bay Seasoning at this time to taste.
- Scoop gently into large bowls. Top with more parsley and a sprinkle of your favorite cheese.
The Cookmamitachula Annapolis, MD
The Rating5 people
Good Grief.. You got me hooked already.. this is totaly awesome... Thanks! High 5 to ya!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
This sounds really good ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
This looks sooo good... got my 5!!!! thanks!!neena51 in Hollywood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!