Teriyaki Tilapia with White Sticky Rice and garnished with Japanese Rice Seasoning and Soy SauceFrom cleofis_randolph_the_patriarche 5 years ago
- Teriyaki Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup Quality soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup mirin or sake of your choice (get the good stuff) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- Fish: shopping list
- 4-5 fish fillets of your choice (make sure the fish is fleshy) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- Rice: shopping list
- 1 cup short or long grain rice (whatever you prefer) shopping list
- Japanese rice seasoning to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Teriyaki Sauce:
- Pour all ingredients into medium saucepan.
- Bring to quick boil and quickly reduce heat to simmer.
- Reduce the sauce until its about a little less than half reduced.
- Let chill once done and store in clean bottle in refrigerator.
- In wok or skillet lightly brown the fish but do not cook thoroughly.
- Once fish is at desired color add back to pan or wok and pour desired amount of teriyaki sauce on fish and coat. (remember, do not use salt on fish. It will make it salty because of the content of salt in the sauce)
- Cook fish till thoroughly cooked and it takes the color of the sauce.
- Rinse rice until the cleaning water runs clear.
- Put rice in medium sauce pan or rice cooker and cook until nice and sticky.
- When food is plated add a little soy sauce to rice and garnish with the awesome Japanese rice seasoning. ENJOY!