Mongolian BeefFrom corchef 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb. round steak shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp. Kikkoman soy sauce or tamari shopping list
- 2 tsp. sherry shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 C. broccoli shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. water shopping list
- 2 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 C. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 T. sesame oil shopping list
- . garnish with sesame seeds about 1/2 t per serving shopping list
How to make it
- Slice steak thinly and place strips in bowl. Add next 6 ingredients, stir and allow to stand, covered, while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Use a high flame, heat wok or large frying pan. Add oil to hot pot and heat the oil. Add and stir fry the broccoli, cooking for a few minutes. Add chicken broth, cover, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover, stir and remove broccoli to another dish, set aside.
- Reheat pan; add small amount of oil and heat. Add beef and stir fry. Add broccoli, stir. Mix cornstarch and water, add to meat and broccoli. Cook until gravy thickens. Pour sesame oil over, stir well. Pour onto serving platter, garnish with sesame seeds.
- this dish also can be made with cabbage, celery or other vegetables.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
People Who Like This Dish 22
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- bwillson Nowhere, Us
- hayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- sugarmama Chicago, IL
- robertallenpayne Minneapolis, MN
- inskydiamonds Santa Cruz, CA
- mizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
- gnnoles Cleveland, AL
- ebonyeyedenigma Seattle, WA
- Plus 12 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookcorchef Flushing, NY
The Rating6 people
Looks really good, a high 5 from me.hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
Looks great to me too. You have my 5!pleclare in Framingham loved it
eating in is usually better than eating out (except for the dishes} and this is proof.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!