Hot as Hell Chicken WingsFrom firecapt 6 years ago
- 5 lbs fresh or frozen chicken wings ( I prefer glazed frozen) shopping list
- 12 oz bottle Frank's red hot sauce shopping list
- 2-3 ozs. of Tobasco shopping list
- 1/cup melted butter or margerine shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tbs of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- Bunch of celery cut into 2inch length shopping list
- blue cheese dressing shopping list
- deep fryer or 2" oil in pot shopping list
How to make it
- Par-boil the wings. This gets rid of a lot of the excess fat and slimy stuff.
- Drain them and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the hot sauces, butter, vinegar, and garlic powder together.
- SIDE NOTE: I purchased a long time ago a used tupperware bowl at a yardsale, for a quarter, the best wing investment I've ever made. It has a nice tight fitting lid, perfect for shaking. I highly recomend this to you. These can get messy and will stain a plastic bowl or lid.
- Deep fry the wings (a few at a time) until they are a deep golden brown, the crispier the better.
- As the wings come out of the oil drop them into the sauce mixture sprinkle some red pepper in, close the lid (tightly) and shake, shake,shake!
- SAFTEY WARNING! Before taking the lid off the bowl, take a deep breath. The hot sauce and vinegar combined with the steam will take your breath away.
- Repeat the steps until all the wings are done.
- Serve with ribs of celery, and blue cheese dressing for dipping. Don't forget a couple of things, you'll need a nice cold beer to wash 'em down with, and guys wash your hands BEFORE and AFTER using the restroom! Enjoy!