Weekday Paella With Shrimp and ChickenFrom unswissmiss 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb chicken thighs with skin on shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced or run through a garlic press shopping list
- 2 C chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crumbled saffron threads shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 C short or medium-grain rice, such as arborio shopping list
- 3/4 C green peas shopping list
- 1/2 lb large shrimp (I prefer whole shrimp for best flavor, but picky diners might not) shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- In a large Dutch oven with lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, skin side down, and brown on all sides. Remove to a heatproof plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and saute until soft and the onion just begins to color.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add saffron, paprika, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, and salt. Stir to dissolve.
- Add the rice and peas, stirring once to prevent sticking.
- When the broth comes to a simmer, cover the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cover, and cook until the shrimp is pink and the liquid is mostly absorbed, another 3-5 minutes depending on size and preparation.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
- Not added to any groups yet!