Eggplant au Gratin for TwoFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup marinara sauce, or your own homemade sauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, packed measure shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, packed measure shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Lightly coat both sides of eggplant with oil and place slices on an ungreased nonstick baking sheet and bake for eight minutes. Turn slices over and bake about eight minutes longer or until the slices are lightly browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350-degrees F.
- Add both types of cheese to a small bowl and toss to blend. Place about three eggplant slices in the bottom of a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan coated with canola cooking spray. Top this with 1/3 cup of marinara and one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat these layers two more times.
- Sprinkle the top of the Eggplant Au Gratin with the Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until juices are bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Per serving: 264 calories, 16 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 14 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 28 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 820 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 47%.