Honey-sweet GranolaFrom zhiann 7 years ago
- 75 ml (< 1/4 cup) vegetable oil - we use soy oil
- 115 ml (1/2 cup) honey-sweet syrup (see my recipe) - alternately brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup shopping list
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) water shopping list
- 1000 ml (4.25 cups) rolled oats - optionally toasted (see link) shopping list
- 350 ml (1.5 cups) dried fruits, nuts, seeds shopping list
How to make it
- For improved nutty flavor, first toast the oats in the oven (I use Nancerose's "Tasty Oats" recipe on this site). The nuts should also be roasted, not raw, so if you've bought them raw, roast them a bit (see my recipe).
- If you buy your nuts raw, and leave your oats raw, this can be a stovetop-only recipe. Once you have the ingredients how you want them, stir the wet ingredients in a pan over 180C heat (medium).
- Stir in the oatmeal, mixing until coated, just a minute or two if your oats were toasted, but until they're slightly browned if they were raw.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir. I can tell when it's done when there's no more liquid sizzling in the bottom of the pan as I push the mixture around.
- Cool the granola, preferably spread out on a different surface so it doesn't stick to your pan, and store in an airtight container.