Banana-caramel upside down cakeFrom biceps15 7 years ago
- ¾ c. brown sugar shopping list
- ½ c. melted butter shopping list
- ¼ c. chopped walnuts shopping list
- 4 bananas shopping list
- ½ c. plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tsp each vanilla, orange zest shopping list
- ¾ c. each sugar, white flour shopping list
- ½ c. whole wheat flour (or spelt, or other whole grain) shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the bottom and outer edge with foil.
- Heat the sugar with 3 T of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until sugar is melted. Pour into bottom of prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Slice bananas into ¼-inch thick oval slices. Overlap slices in a circular pattern in the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Stir in the remaining butter, yogurt, egg, vanilla, zest, until blended. Mix together sugar, flours, baking powder, salt in separate bowl.
- Stir the dry into the wet until barely combined.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls over the banana layer and smooth the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a rack. Unmould onto a cake plate, banana-side up.