Drunken NoodlesFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 2 14-ounce packages 1/4-inch-wide flat rice noodles shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai chiles (Prik ki nu - unless you want some major heat, rib and seed these and wash your hands carefully afterwards) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc nam) shopping list
- 1/4 cup black soy sauce (Siew Dam - It is very dark, almost black, in color and thick like light syrup in consistency. Its flavor is sweet, almost like molasses) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Golden Mountain sauce (could substitute maggi seasoning which is very similar in taste or - in a pinch, use light soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 4 large plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges shopping list
- 4 Anaheim chiles or Italian frying peppers (can substitute 2 green bell peppers, about 12 ounces total, cut into strips...but I really like the Italian peppers) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves (can use regular basil leaves - but the Thai basil is stronger in taste than most sweet basils. It has small leaves, purple stems and a subtle licorice taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and Thai chiles; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and next 4 ingredients and sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add noodles, tomatoes, and Anaheim chiles; toss to coat.
- Transfer to large platter, sprinkle with basil leaves, and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating9 people
Hi, Vicky, this recipe sounds delicious! thanks!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
Sounds very good!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
WOW - this looks tasty. I'll bookmark for a day when I'm feeling culturally and culinarily ambitious.sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!