Salmon and Potato Fish CakesFrom nlo209 8 years ago
- 1 lb. cooked salmon shopping list
- 1 lb potatoes boiled and roughly mashed shopping list
- 2 tbsp. softened butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh dill shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
- plain white flour (for dredging) shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- bread crumbs or panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs) shopping list
- 4 tbsp oil (or more for frying) shopping list
How to make it
- Crush the cooked salmon with a fork, making sure that no bones or skin remain.
- Mix the salmon with the coarsely mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add in the softened butter. Mix well, then add in the dill, parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 8 parts, and with each, form into a ball and then flatten slightly into a disc.
- Coat each disc first in flour, then beaten egg, and finally in bread crumbs or panko crumbs.
- Warm the oil in a very hot frying pan.
- Fry the fishcakes until golden brown.
- Drain with absorbent paper, and serve hot. Served with a simple salad