Chocolate-Mint PieFrom desertgal 8 years ago
- 1 Pillsbury® Pet-Ritz® frozen deep dish pie crust shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (not instant) shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract shopping list
- 3 to 5 drops green food color shopping list
- 2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping shopping list
- 2 thin rectangular chocolate and green mints, unwrapped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake pie crust as directed on package for One-Crust Baked Pie Shell. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, stir together milk and pudding mix; cook as directed on package. Continue cooking over low heat while adding chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract and 1 to 2 drops of the green food color until smooth. Gently fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in shell. Top with chocolate mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set. To color remaining 1 cup whipped topping, in small bowl, stir together whipped topping and remaining 2 drops food color. Garnish pie with whipped topping.
- Chop mints and sprinkle over whipped topping. Cover and store in refrigerator.