dorset apple cakeFrom nikki85 8 years ago
- 225g cookin apples, peeled , cored and chopped shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 225g plain flour shopping list
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder shopping list
- 115g butter diced shopping list
- 165g soft light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 2-3tbsp milk shopping list
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- preheat the oven to 180c. grease and line a 7inch round cake tin.
- toss the apple with the lemon juice and set aside. sift the flour and baking powder together then rub in the butter, untill the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- stir 115g of the sugar, the apple and the egg, mix well, adding a little of the milk at atime to make a soft doughy mix.
- transfer into your tin.
- in a bowl, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over the cake mix.
- bake for 45-50mins. leave to cool in the tin for 10mins, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- enjoy when cooled (if u havent already cut of a sneaky wedge! like i can never resist!!)
The Cooknikki85 Dorset, GB
The Rating4 people
Delicious, but very crumbly. I struggled to get it onto the cooling rack. Did I need more milk maybe?portablewendy in loved it
Perfect if i do say so myself. Had to put some cinnamon in the main ingrediants as i love the stuff and it worked out well.MAGNUM_PI in Nirvana loved it
Have made this several times and everyone thinks it is great - makes a moist cake. I add a heaped teaspoon of mixed spice to the mixture and soak the apple in the lemon juice and a few tablespoons of brandy - which replaces the milk.Cake4tea in Sheffield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!