Spanish RiceFrom cookingwithjim 9 years ago
- 1 Large tomato - Diced (squeeze the guts out first) shopping list
- 1 Jalapeño - Diced (remove seeds for less heat) shopping list
- 1 Serrano - Diced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic - Diced shopping list
- 2 green onions - chopped (including the white parts) shopping list
- 1/4 red onion - Diced shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper - Diced (You choose the color) shopping list
- 1 TBSP kosher salt shopping list
- 1 TBSP chili powder shopping list
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté all the veggies (and fruits if being picky) in a bit of olive oil. Add the salt and chili powder. Cook until red onion is translucent and cumin from the chili powder is fragrant.
- Stir in the brown rice. Cook over a high heat for a few minutes, allowing any liquid in the pan to evaporate/incorporate. A bit of "fried" appearance to the rice only will add flavor.