Whiskey Pepper Steak Dated 1962From chefmeow 7 years ago
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock or canned beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic pressed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whiskey shopping list
- 1 green onion chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- pepper Steak: shopping list
- 16 ounce sirloin steak cut into two portions shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan or deep skillet make the whiskey pepper sauce by sautéing the white onions in the butter over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the beef stock to the onions.
- Add the cracked black pepper and garlic at this point as well.
- Continue to simmer over medium high heat until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- Add the whiskey, green onion and remaining 1 cup of beef stock to the sauce and let it simmer over low heat while you prepare the steaks.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper over the entire surface of each side of the sirloin steaks and press it into the steaks so that it sticks.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Drop steaks into melted butter and sear each side of steaks for 2 minutes.
- When barbeque is good and hot grill steaks 5 minutes per side.
- Salt steaks lightly as they grill.
- When steaks are just about done combine cornstarch with water in a small bowl.
- Stir just until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Remove the whiskey sauce from the heat and add the cornstarch to it.
- Put sauce back on heat and continue to cook on low until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve the steak doused with whiskey pepper sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!