Applesauce CakeFrom grandmacooks 9 years ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups applesauce shopping list
- 2 cups raisins shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) shopping list
How to make it
- She wasn't big on directions!
- Combine flour, baking soda, spices, butter and salt.
- Combine sugar, eggs and applesauce in another bowl.
- Add raisins and nuts. (I plump the raisins in hot water, drain, and coat with a little of the flour before starting to put the cake together.)
- Pour batter into greased and floured tube or large Bundt pan or several loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven 75 minutes.