Chili DogsFrom silverqueen 9 years ago
- 4 hot dogs shopping list
- 4 hot dog buns shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- FOR THE TEXAS STYLE CHILI: shopping list
- 3 lb. ground chuck shopping list
- 1 lb. hot bulk sausage shopping list
- 3 onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chili powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 (28-oz.) cans whole tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 3 (16-oz.) cans dark red kidney beans shopping list
How to make it
- Using a dutch oven, combine the ground chuck, sausage, onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until the meat is browned, stirring the meat to break it up as it cooks.
- Drain the pan drippings.
- Stir in the chili powder, flour, sugar, oregano, salt and stir well.
- cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and beans ans simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat a indoor grill, butterfly hot dogs lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Grill hot dogs until done about 5 minutes.
- Place the buns on the grill to warm them.
- Place hot dogs in the bun.
- Put the hot dig on the plate with split side facing up.
- Ladle chili over and top with cheese.