Grilled Spring Vegetable WrapFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 1 summer squash, thinly sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- Coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 avocados, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- 8 Whole Wheat or other flavor Wraps shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) container hummus shopping list
- 8 leaves Green or red leaf lettuce shopping list
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 4 ounces alfalfa sprouts shopping list
- 1 Head Radichio, sliced in half anf then thin strips (optional) shopping list
- 8 ounces of your favorite Ranch-Style Dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini, summer squash, and carrot slices with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Leaving the grill pan open, grill the vegetables about 3 minutes per side, until tender and browned. The carrots may take a bit longer than the other vegetables, depending on the thickness of the slices.
- Remove vegetables from grill and set aside to cool.
- Slice avocado into thin strips and sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Lay one whole wheat wrap on a flat, clean and dry surface.
- Spread hummus in an even layer leaving an inch border around the edges of the wrap.
- Layer with one lettuce leaf, followed by even amounts of the grilled vegetables, cucumbers, and avocado.
- Finish with radicchio and alfalfa sprouts.
- Top the vegetables with 2 Tbs. of Ranch-Style Dressing.
- Fold the left and right sides in and over the other fold and roll the wrap.
- Slice wrap diagonally in half and serve.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating5 people
What a yummy way to get your vegetables! Thanks for sneaking in some avocado, I love them, gator pears *grin* I am actually getting hungry, reading this. Gets my 5 - thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Sounds soooooooooooooo good.dixiediner in loved it
This sounds amazing, I will be making this one! I love all the ingredients and the fact that is a panini. Now all I need is a panini grill. =) Henrie was telling me about hers...I will be going soon to get one. Thanks again for a great post.
ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!