Lemon Angel PieFrom zena824 7 years ago
- Meringue Crust (recipe follows ) shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce) shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- yellow food color optional shopping list
How to make it
- Meringue Crust:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a small mixer bowl, beat 3 egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Spread on bottom and up sides of well buttered 9 inch pie plate to form crust.
- Bake for 1 hour then turn oven off and leave crust in oven for an additional hour.
- Cool to room temp.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened milk, lemon juice, zest and food coloring; mix well.
- In a small bowl. beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry; gently fold in milk mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared crust and chill for 3 hours or until set.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating8 people
Sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds marvelous, Zena - thanks so much! Wow...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Yummy .......love the tang of he lemons
thanks for sharing Zena
have a blessed day
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!