Italian Sausage ManicottiFrom jamaicamoons 6 years ago
- 1 box of manicotti pasta shopping list
- 1 lb ground italian sausage shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbl olive oil shopping list
- 1 pack fresh basil, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 1 15oz. container ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1 jar alfredo sauce (4 cheese is great) shopping list
- 1 jar marinara or other tomato based sauce(I like fire roasted tomato and garlic) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the manicotti according to package.
- Hint: I put a little bit of olive oil in my water to keep pasta from sticking
- While manicotti is cooking, heat olive oil in pan and add garlic
- Once garlic is slightly golden in color, add sausage and cook thoroughly
- Once manicotti is finished, drain and dry.
- For the manicotti filling, place the ricotta in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly
- Mix in basil and salt
- Once sausage is cooked, mix in with ricotta mixture
- Fill manicotti with cheese/sausage mix
- Place manicotti in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Cover manicotti with alfredo sauch and then with a small amount of tomato sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes
The Cookjamaicamoons Joplin, MO
The Rating5 people
Oh MY!!! this has my name written all over it!!cgendy in Manalapan loved it
In the oven baking now. Not enough sausage sauce to fill all the manicotti. Probably could up the sausage another half pound.
Very tasty dish. Made some pics for you. Mother started out by saying it was good and by the time she was finishe...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!