Chipotle Cheese FondueFrom vino4dino 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound finely diced gruyere cheese (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 pound finely diced Emmenthal cheese (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons kirsch shopping list
- Freshly ground nutmeg, if desired shopping list
- 3 canned whole chipotle chiles in adobo, or to taste, minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl toss together cheeses and cornstarch.
- Rub the inside of a heavy 3 to 4-quart saucepan with garlic halves, leaving garlic in pan, and add wine and lemon juice. Bring liquid just to a boil and stir in cheese mixture by handfuls. Bring mixture to a bare simmer over moderate heat, stirring, and stir in kirsch, nutmeg, chiles, and pepper, to taste. Transfer the fondue to a fondue pot and set over a low flame.
- Stir in fried shallots, scallions, and/or bacon, if using, and serve fondue with accompaniments for dipping. Stir fondue often to keep combined.
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
The Rating6 people
Hi Vino. I love cheese,fondue, and wouldn't you know chipotle. I will be trying this very soon. Thanks for sharing. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
I like fondue and chipotles, intresting combination!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Oh wow - how wonderful! I love fondue...and love the flavors here, including the kirsch. Great post - thanks so much!
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!