African Style Vegetables In Coconut MilkFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves crushed shopping list
- 1 cup potatoes cubed shopping list
- 2 cups carrots diced shopping list
- 2 cups green beans chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon berbere (Ethiopian pepper spice) shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat vegetable oil with cloves over low heat.
- When hot add onions and garlic then sauté stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes then continue to sauté 5 minutes stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add green beans and sauté for a few more minutes then slowly stir in coconut milk.
- Carefully bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes stirring often.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
whats barbered ???minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great recipe! Good question minisunny in Portland loved it
I have been using coconut lately this is really good
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!