Four Cheese Stuffed Shells with Smokey MarinaraFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 1 pound jumbo shell pasta (40 shells) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) carton ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded asiago cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 6 cups Smoky Marinara shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat 2 (13 x 9-inch) baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place cottage cheese and ricotta cheese in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine cottage cheese mixture, Asiago, and next 6 ingredients (Asiago through spinach).
- Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell. Arrange half of stuffed shells, seam sides up, in one prepared dish. Pour 3 cups Smoky Marinara over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat procedure with remaining stuffed shells, Smoky Marinara, and mozzarella in remaining prepared dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- To freeze unbaked casserole: Prepare through Step 5. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing to remove as much air as possible. Wrap with heavy-duty foil. Store in freezer for up to 2 months.
- To prepare frozen unbaked casserole: Preheat oven to 375º. Remove foil; reserve foil. Remove plastic wrap; discard wrap. Cover frozen casserole with reserved foil; bake at 375º for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the shells are thoroughly heated.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- sporadiccook Phoenix
- cholena Food World, Sin
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- chihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- thehappycooks123 Sunderland, GB
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- peggy_sue Waxahachie, TX
- divaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- gwbaskin Edmonton, CA
- hayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating5 people
Oh-my-goodness, this sounds terrific. Yumm! Super post!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Sounds delish, good for the waistline too. Thanks Haylee.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I just love discholena in Food World loved it